What Inflatable Devices Should Be Licensed

If you are an owner or an operator of inflatable amusement devices, you know the fact that a license should be acquired before any actual use. But do all inflatables apply for the law of licensing, what kinds of inflatable amusement products should be licensed and what can be excluded.

First of all, what is an inflatable amusement device? The device, or also called inflatable, is supported and inflated by air or other gas. The purpose is for kids and adults to play and interact with it.

Inflatables Need Licenses

Licensed inflatables are the devices that would move patrons or cause them to move. Those movements may be due to bouncing, sliding, cording, mechanics (e.g. rotating, waggling, etc.), obstacles and so on.

Examples of inflatables that require licenses include:

  • bounce house / bouncy castle
  • inflatable slide / water slide
  • inflatable obstacle course
  • bungee run
  • inflatable boxing ring
  • inflatable climbing wall with bouncy flooring

Inflatables Not Need Licenses

On the other hand, inflatables that do not need any red tape are those products that does not intent to design for interacting that would cause patrons moving.

Examples of inflatables of exemption include:

  • inflatable wrecking ball arena
  • sole inflatable climbing wall
  • inflatable basketball or football game
  • inflatable football pitch with a ground flooring
  • joust arena
  • inflatable twister

If you want to learn more about licenses of inflatables, check the pdf file from TSSA.

Share this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *